Aug 23, 2009

Tanya's Message

Dear CheMeLingprisNieBinn...

Gan-en for the journey in The legend of Dragonville. I hope the song below which we have chosen bring us back on the learning among ourselves and with Alex...his message: "our need to calm the dragon instead of to placate it..."

The lyrics of the song gives me a deeper reflection on what Tanya's thoughts were as she gazed at the water in the lake, sea..the sky opened up and the mountains disappeared... As I pasted the 6pictures that each of us drawn during Alex's tutorial, it seemed to fit into the lyrics of the song too. How could it be so 'gumn ahh?'

It seemed no co-incident this song was chosen as it also has a hidden dragon too.

"I-ling...siasia ni for teaching me internet archieve and i did it!"

Continue to read and sing as long as the song is playing while the black dragon slowly emerges... It helps me to deepened my thoughts on who I am, what I want to do...*like to share this feelings with you all too...





If the sky opened up for me,
And the mountains disappeared,
If the seas ran dry, turned to dust
And the sun refused to rise
I would still find my way,
By the light I see in your eyes.
The world I know fades away
But you stay.











As the earth reclaims its due,
And the cycle starts anew,
We'll stay, always
In the love that we have
Shared before time.






If the years take away
Every memory that I have
I would still know the way
That would lead me
Back to your side
The North star may die
But the light that
I see in your eyes
Will burn there always
Lit by the love we have shared before time.





When the forest turns to jade
And the stories that we've made.
Dissolve away...
One shining light
Will still remain.






When we shed our earthly skin,
And when our real life begins,
There'll be no shame
Just the love that
We have made before time.






Wish all of you well and happy always...be in the present...

Performed By CoCo Lee
Music by Jorge Calandrelli & Tan Dun Lyric by James Schamus
from: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
http://www.archive.org/details/LoveB4Time

5 comments:

  1. hmmm.. when reads the lyrics and listen to the song once again, it give me different view and feelings.
    "If the sky opened up for me,
    And the mountains disappeared,
    If the seas ran dry, turned to dust
    And the sun refused to rise
    I would still find my way,
    By the light I see....."
    this is just on the way of our journey... looking forward to another journey again... our "group" work ^.^
    and of course, the pot luck??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to the song together going thru the pictures really made my heart pounding non stop, it is so powerful. Why this song of all the song that we have in mind, so coincidently we chosen this one. This give me 'goose pimples' till the last verse of the song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HiMelinda,
    what is ur reflection from the lyrics on each pic? "If the sky opened up for me,
    And the mountains disappeared,
    If the seas ran dry, turned to dust
    And the sun refused to rise..." there will be complete darkness when the sun refused to rise... a cold world, when the seas ran dry, - turned to dust - is it a VOID out there? Nothingness...non self?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I really say that..."need to calm the dragon rather than placate it" I can't quite remember mentioning that. I did make some reference to how it may suggest keeping our repressed unconscious shadow aspects 'sweet' in fear of it erupting into our consciousness without the having reins to keep it in check. Had a look at Utube to find out who this Coco Lee is, she seems to a have a lot of songs under her belt...though I admit I have not heard of her here in UK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Alex,
    What I meant was WE CALMED the dragon instead of to placate it. My grammer mistake... I suppose I should word it as: the need to placate the dragon instead of calming it... hope it sounds right this time.

    ReplyDelete