Aug 10, 2009

ALS - 6PS

These feelings were written on Aug 10, somehow I did not managed to post it earlier as there is still more to write. I decided to trim it and continue with the other part...

Looking at the 6part story: the cards picked by each ALS member during the last tutorial with Alex. The story line we created one after another from the Character, Task, Obstacle, Helper, Turning point and Aftermath...I read the original line over and over again.
Though the lines of the 5 pictures were not written by me, I reflected on what was written and my feelings about it?



In a nutshell: The legend of Dragonville was about this beautiful girl and the black dragon staying beneath the lake. The beautiful girl has to sing to it to calm it down so that there will be no disaster to the village.
The witch created the thunderstorm and the sound of the fake waterfall.. trying to stop the girl from reaching the lake to sing to the black dragon. The test for the girl to listen to the real sound of the waterfall. Finally step by step she found her way and managed to hum to the dragon who decided to stay calm...and the villagers rejoice...

My reflections on the learning: The task of the CPPD 09 was no easy journey... how much more to learn, how much more to reveal: Google more learning materials and links related to SWP, Therapeutic story and Therapeutic Group which is yet to start for the project proper... Certain parts of the modules were really testing one's patience, determination and strength to continue. How deep was the lake surrounded by the high mountains, sometimes it is really overwhelming. What will happened if I don't complete my assignment? I will be holding the team back? How does that makes me feel? My sense of responsibility?



Each member seemed to have their individual strength to compliment one another at some point in time, providing information, teaching how to link up:audactiy, google docs, you tube and etc... Whole area of learning, relearn and unlearn...
Sometimes being met with moments of silence...the team seemed to disintegrate and back again.

Many many hours spent on skype, post story in blog, assuming duties to put the story together, finding the right music + song Finally We managed to soar through to complete the base story... Its like a Heros'journey where we need to let go of the old self to moved on...



When we were putting the story together how we negotiate when disagreements came in, putting the story together. How one felt when her story line was different. The need to pause and think before the line of another was erased...Why I felt strongly I want the name to be this n not that, the line should be that and not this...
There were always moments of play and support from one another to ride together till the end. We do agree with one another very well...Ok la, no problem! (did not want the black dragon to wake up... however, "is a little roar ok?" Maybe the dragon only shows its head or tail ya... *gan-en x10 for always having to take on the IT load.
(tergendala)



And now to prepare the next challenge to complete the mission impossible within the next 1-2days with more thoughts to ponder at this moment while we are putting in to complete the group reflection-report, the Journey continues...

2 comments:

  1. wow... you do reflect on how i feel too, in some stage, i found that this is not an easy journey too... priscilla, you are so great!! hai~~ working with you really make me feel i am great too... hahaha... all of u are so great!! i am not It expert, i am not researcher too... i am a bit lazy in this round....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, right I agreed with you all that this is not an easy journey, but I know you, Pris, Cheng, Phaik Nie and Seok Binn will always be there to lead me, then I am not so scare and I also know I AM NOT ALONE.

    ReplyDelete